objectives of communication – The communication can be used for the following purposes:
- To give message or information;
- To give order;
- To advise;
- To educate,
- To motivate;
- Raising moral;
- To suggest;
- To give warning.
Some of the above can be discussed as under:
(i) Message or Information
Passing or receiving of information is the most important objective of it.
(a) External Information:
- Advertising information;
- Latest change in technology of information;
- Government rules and regulations;
- Information about the credit facilities;
- Information about products;
- Information about the availability and supply of raw materials.
(b) Internal Information
Information regarding –
- policies and activities;
- job assignments;
- decision-making powers.
(c) Information required for Planning:
- Political, social, economical, cultural and geographical information;
- Competitive information;
- Production and sales information;
- H.R.D. information.
Sources of Information:
- Old files and records;
- Personal observation;
- Chambers of Commerce,
- Mass media of communication like T.V., radio, newspaper and journals etc.
- Conference, meeting and seminars etc.
- Personal interviews;
- Present electronic media like internet.
- Trade fairs.
Acceptance of Information:
If information has following features can be considered:
- Reliability of source;
(ii) Orders: It is a directive to subordinates. It is authoritative communication. It has downward flow of information.
Types of Order: Following are the types of order-
Written orders are placed in the following cases:
- Highly responsible condition;
- Repetitive tasks;
- Remoteness of person being ordered.
What do you mean by ‘Evolution of Business’?
2. Oral Order: If
- job is to be done immediatly;
- job is ordinary;
- permanent superior subordinate relationship are found oral order is placed.
- General orders;
- Specific orders;
- Mandatory orders;
- Discretionary orders;
- Procedural orders;
- Operational Order,
- Operational orders.