We all have seen the CID (Criminal Investigation Department) Officers in the TV Serials as well as in the Movies. Do you have any idea about how one can become CID Officer in India? Here in this article, I am going to share with you the complete details about how to become a CID Officer. Here you will get the complete details about the Selection Process of CID officers and the required eligibility criteria to apply for this etc. Check out the article below. I have shared details about this.
How to become a CID Officer:
In order to become a CID Officer in India, One must have passed Graduation from any recognized Institute or Universities. This is the required qualification for the Officers. One can join the Criminal Investigation department after the 12th also as a Constable. Now let’s see the complete selection process of CID officers and after this, we will see the complete Eligibility Criteria for CID officers that are required to apply for this post vacancy.
Selection Process of CID Officers:
The selection of the candidates as an officer in the service will be done on the basis of the Examination. Earlier the Examination was conducted by the SSC (Staff Selection Commission) but now it comes under the Indian Civil Service Examination and conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Written Examination (Prelims)
- Mains Exam
- Physical Test and
A candidate will appear for the written Examination and all the candidate who would clear pre and mains, will appear for an Interview and then at last Physical test and medical test. It is very important to be medically and physical Fit to be part of the Criminal Investigation Department. Now let’s see the eligibility criteria required to apply for this.
After Clearing the UPSC Examination, you need to choose IPS (Indian Police Services), and after the training, you have to choose the CID Department.
Eligibility Criteria for CID Officer:
- Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply for this.
- Both male and female are eligible to apply for this.
- All the candidates who have done graduation are eligible to apply for this post vacancy.
- A candidate who has done Graduation in Criminology will be given some additional Benefits.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidate must be between the 20 years old to 27 years old.
- There are some relaxation has been given to the candidates who belong to special categories.
- 5 years of relaxation has been given to the SC/ST Candidates.
- 3 years of relaxation has been given to the OBC Candidates.
This is the required eligibility criteria for this and now let’s see the complete details about the Physical Eligibility required for this.
Physical Eligibility for CID Officer:
- The Minimum height Required is 164 cms
- The minimum weight required is 60 kg.
- The chest must be 80 cm without expansion and it should be at least 85 with expansion.
- 14 dental Points are essentially required.
- Your body should not carry any genetic disease like joint knees, colour blindness or night blindness.
- Your joint and your bones should be completely fine.
- Any severe body fracture in any body part can cause permanent rejection.
- Your eyesight must be 6/6 without glasses.
- If you are wearing glasses it should not be worse than 6/12.
- Limits for myopia 0.75D and for Hypermetropia +1.5D
- Should not have colour blindness or night blindness.
All the candidate who want to apply for this, they must be physically and medically fit. A minor mistake in the Medical or physical can ruin your career as well as your dreams.
Other ways of Recruitment in the CID:
There are one more ways to become a CID officer. A candidate who is in the Police Department and have served for 2 years or more as Uniformed officer, they can join the Criminal Investigation department through the Promotion. There are some criteria for this too. Candidate must have passed Graduation. Should not have any registered major or minor complaint against him. There are also promotional exams held in the police department. You can get promoted in the CID as an Officer.
Now let’s see the Job profile of the CID (Criminal Investigation Department) like what is their duty and what kind of work they get allotted in the service.
Job profile of CID Officer:
The main role of the CID officers to Investigate the serous crime and act as an Intelligence. The main motto of the CID team is to collect the evidence, proofs etc against the criminal. In the training of the CID officers, they are taught Criminology. It is not easy to be an Officer of CID. You must have passion and dedication towards your work. There is no fix timing of duty. While the officer working on any special work, they work all day and night. The Criminal Investigation Departments only handles the series of cases. Most of the cases are handled by the Crime Branch of Police department. If you are really interested in this, collect more information about this from the official website and prepare for this in a good manner.