How to become an IPS officer in India-In order to become an IPS officer is one of the toughest things to do. Not because of examination, it is because of competition. If you want to be an IPS officer you will have to clear the Civil service examination conducted by the UPSC. this exam stands for one of the toughest exams in India. but it is easy if you passionate enough for this and you have dreamed about this job. It is easy for you.
- List of Ordinance Factory in India
- Polity Classroom Study Material (May 2019 to February 2020)
- Monthly Current Affairs, Get Free Pdf for Competitive Exam
- 2020 International Chronology Most Important For All Competitive Exams
- Important seaport and its name in India PDF Download
Civil service Examination
There is only one direct way to become an IPS officer in India which is CSE civil service examination. You have to clear the civil service examination in order to become an IPS officer.
there are three high ranks in Civil service Examination:-
- IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
- IFS (Indian Foreign Service)
- IPS ( Indian Police Service)
Once you clear the mains exam of UPSC, you can opt for the IPS officer. In an interview, you will be asked about this, Why did you choose IPS over IAS? You have to answer this question very gently, tell them about your passion for IPS.
Now let’s look at the eligibility criteria for CSE (civil service examination)
Civil Service Examination Eligibility Criteria
- Only graduates are eligible to apply for this.
- Candidate must have a graduation degree in any discipline.
Age limit for Civil Service Examination
- Candidate age must be between 21 to 32 years old. (general category)
- There is some relaxation in age given to the special categories OBC and SC-ST.
- 3 years for OBC candidates.
- 5 years for SC-ST
- 5 years for a candidate from the State of Jammu & Kashmir
- 5 years for Defence Services personnel
- 5 years for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service and have been released.
- 5 years for ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of Military Service.
- 10 years for Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopedically handicapped persons.
Number of attempts:
there is also a restriction in no. of attempts
- For General Candidates: 7 attempts (Up to 32 Years)
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates (SC/ST): No Limits (Up to 37 Years)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 9 attempts (Up to 35 Years)
- Physically handicapped- 9 attempts.
Branches in IPS:-
In order to fulfill these functions efficiently, responsibly and systematically, the IPS service is divided into various functional departments such as Crime Branch, Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Home Guards, Traffic Bureau.
There is some more way to become IPS officer?
You can join the State Police service and can then promote to IPS officer after years of experience and few exams.
but these are no direct ways to be an officer, but if you could not clear the CSE, you can appear for this exam also.
Duties and responsibility of IPS officers
To fulfill duties based on border responsibilities, in the areas of maintenance of public peace and order.
They also help their junior in crime prevention, investigation, and finding, collecting of intelligence reports, taking care of VIP security, counter-terrorism, border patrolling, railway policing, working towards preventing smuggling, drug trafficking, economic offences, corruption, playing a key role in disaster management, enforcement of socio-economic legislation, bio-diversity and defending of environmental laws etc.
Exchanging information with the Indian Intelligence Agencies like R&AW, IB, CID, CBI Leading the Central Armed Police Force (CRPF) and being in touch with them on a regular basis Interact and coordinate with the Indian Revenue Services (IRS).
Indian Armed forces, primarily with the Indian Army Serve the people of the country with full integrity, honesty, and whole hearted dedication.
You may Also Like This
- UPTET All Previous Papers and UP TET Study Materials Download PDF
- Indian Coast Guard Domestic Branch DB Navik Previous Papers and Model Papers
- Haryana SSC Previous Papers|GK Notes 2019|Top 10 Books-Download Now
- Bihar Vidhan Parishad (Bihar Sachivalaya) Group D Previous Papers
- Bihar BPSC Assistant Engineer AE Previous Papers, Model Papers, Solved Papers
If you are passionate enough about your dreams and want to pursue your career as IPS officers. These things are not tough for you. Just be motivated and keep chasing your dreams. Thanks
Friends, if you need an eBook related to any topic. Or if you want any information about any exam, please comment on it. Share this post with your friends on social media. To get daily information about our post please like my facebook page. You can also join our facebook group.