Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level recruitment drive is on progress. The results for SSC CGL Tier 1 has been declared and the dates for CGL Tier 2 & Tier 3 are announced (Tentative). Those candidates who have scored more than cut off – marks will appear for next levels. Through this article we will be sharing strategy of preparing for SSC CGL Tier 2 exam.
There are four papers in Tier 2 exam:-
- English Language and Comprehension: – This section is mandatory to all. Two hundred questions of two hundred marks are asked for a time limit of two hours.
- Quantitative Aptitude: – This section also is compulsory to all. One hundred questions two hundred marks are asked for a time limit of two hours.
- Statistics: – This paper is for those candidates who qualify for the list of Junior Statistical Officer post. This exam is of one hundred questions and of two hundred marks.
- General Studies (Finance and Economics):- This paper is for those candidates who qualify for the list of Assistant Auditor Officer Post. This exam is of one hundred questions and of two hundred marks.
We are sharing paper wise preparation strategy.
English language and Comprehension: – This section is very scoring one can score 180+ marks with a proper strategy. The candidates should keep following points in mind:-
- There certain rules on which questions are asked in SSC CGL Tier 2 exam. The candidates must learn all rules from a good source.
- Once rules are learned, practice questions from previous year’s SSC CGL exams
- Take online quizzes based on grammar as many as you can.
- Complete “Word Power Made Easy” at least twice. While completing this book use pencil and complete all exercises.
- Learn vocabulary asked in previous exams. Use a good quality source for it.
- Read “The Hindu” newspaper daily and prepare a list of difficult words. Revise selected words on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Practice quizzes and analyze your progress in terms of accuracy.
- Complete all passages of previous year’s, there are chances that same passage may be repeated and you will gain an idea of level of complexity.
- Read articles from good quality sources.
- Practice fast reading skills, one can use “How to Read Faster and Better” for improving speed.
- Learn basics of conjunctions, phrases, gerunds, and other basic grammar rules.
- Practice questions from previous year and questions asked in recently conducted CGL exam.
- Try to focus on the context
Quantitative Aptitude: – This section needs a lot of practice and good understanding of concepts. One can score 190+ with a proper strategy. The candidates must follow:-
- There are certain topics of this section like Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, etc. which holds maximum weightage. First of all practice questions from previous year’s papers followed by mocks.
- Learn short tricks of all important topics.
- Practice questions from recently conducted banking and insurance exams also, as you will get to know new concepts and never knows the level of exam can be raised to higher level.
- Attempt online quizzes and analyze your progress.
- Learn all basic concepts and important formulas. Practice previous year’s questions.
- There are certain important tricks and techniques which need to be practiced a lot as merely knowing concepts is not sufficient.
- Attempt online quizzes on this topic.
Geometry and Mensuration:-
- Learn all formulas related to surface areas and volume of all two dimensional and three dimensional figures.
- Learn all theorems of geometry from class 8th to 10th
- Practice questions from previous years and recently conducted exams.
- Make short notes of important results for quick revisions.
- Learn all fundamental concepts and formulas, for better retention practice derivations of important formulas and results.
- The level of difficulty may increase in upcoming exams therefore practice questions from difficult topics as well.
- Practice questions from 11th and 12th class NCERT books, there are chances that the questions may be asked as it is from it.
- Take online quizzes and mocks.
Statistics: – This paper is only for those who have applied for the post of Statistical Investigator and scored more than cut off marks of this post. This paper is also scoring with a proper preparation. Keep following points in mind:-
- Complete syllabus from 11th, 12th NCERT books and graduation books.
- There are certain topics like Probability theory, Variance analysis, Measure of central tendency, sampling theory are of high importance.
- There are good quality online platforms which can help a lot in covering syllabus and grabbing basic concepts.
- Practice previous year’s questions and take at least of 20 mock tests.
General Studies (Finance and Economics):- This paper is only for those, who have applied for Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) post and scored more than cut off marks of this post. It will test your knowledge of Finance and Economics.
- There are two main sections Finance and Economics in this paper. The candidates should complete syllabus from class 11th and 12th class NCERT books. The online platforms provide complete syllabus with easy to understand and learn techniques.
- This paper was introduced few years back. The previous year’s questions help a lot in determining the important topics and level of difficulty.
- Once syllabus is complete start taking mock tests and does proper analysis to know weak areas. Note down all difficult areas and use online resources to clear your doubts.
The candidates are advised to follow the above shared strategy to score well in exams and confirm your job with good rank. You can download gradeup app to get instant notifications, complete study martials & free mock tests for all SSC exams.
You May Also Like This
- SSC CGL 2017 All Sift English Papers-Useful For SSC CGL, CHSL, MTS Exams
- 10000 Vocabulary With Hindi Meaning-Download for SSC CGL Exams
- Distance And Direction Handwritten Class Notes-For SSC CGL Exams
- 25 Previous Exams GK Questions In Hindi-For SSC CGL,CHSL,UPSI,MTS etc.
- Download Handwritten English Class Notes-For SSC CGL And Other Exams
- 1800+ Subject Wise MCQs-Download For SSC CGL
- Short Tricks GK For SSC CGL, UPSC And all Other Competitive Exams
- English Class Notes For SSC CGL And All Other Competitive Exams
- SSC CGL Previous Year 1200+ One Word Substitution Download Free PDF Notes
Friends, if you need an eBook related to any topic. Or if you want any information about any exam, please comment on it. Share this post with your friends in social media. To get daily information about our post please like my facebook page. You can also joine our facebook group.