List of Best IAS Exam Books for preparation in 2020
It is essential to have better study material to prepare for any competitive examination. Here in this article, I am going to share the List of best IAS Exam Books for the preparation in 2020. It is a dream of many students to become IAS or IPS officers. Here I will share with you some of the best books for the preparation of the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Examination that is suggested by the Experts. Check out the article to get complete details about this. It may help you a lot in selecting the books and preparing well for the examination.
Best IAS Exam Books Search From Here
List of Best IAS Exam Books for preparation in 2020:
All the candidates who aim to become an IAS officer will have to clear the selection Phase of UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). One will appear for the Preliminary Written Exam, Mains Written Exam, and all the candidates who would clear this; they will proceed for the Personal Interview.
For the preparation of the written Examination (Preliminary and Mains), you need better study material. Here I am sharing with you the name of some best IAS Books that are available in the market as well as online. Preparation for any competitive or academics examination can be done through the books. You need to have the best study material. There are many subjects that one has to prepare for the IAS Examination. Here I will try my best to share with you the list of the best book for the IAS Exam for the preparation.
Subjects Wise Best book Name for IAS Exam preparation:
For the IAS Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam. You will need to prepare many subjects. You will have to prepare:
- Ancient History
- Medieval History
- Modern History and Indian National Movement
- Indian Economy
- Indian Polity
- Environment and Ecology
- Science and Technology
- Current Affairs etc.
Let’s see the name of the best books for the preparation of these subjects.
Best Book for IAS Ancient History:
- Ancient History NCERT Class 11th by R.S. Sharma-Click Here
- India’s Ancient Past by R.S. Sharma-Click Here
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania-Click Here
Best Book for IAS Medieval History:
- History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra-Click Here
- Medieval History NCERT Class XI-XII-Click Here
Most of the candidates pay very little attention to these subjects. This is an essential topic for the IAS Preliminary and Mains Exam. You can have your complete preparation done for Medieval History through these books.
Best Book for IAS Moder History and Indian National Movement:
- India’s Struggle for Independence – Bipan Chandra-Click Here
- NCERT XII (Modern Indian History)-Click Here
- History of Modern India – Bipan Chandra-Click Here
- A brief history of Modern India – Spectrum-Click Here
Best book for IAS Geography:
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – G C Leong-Click Here
- Fundamentals of Physical Geography NCERT Class 11-Click Here
- Geography of India by Mazid Hussain-Click Here
- Oxford Student Atlas-Click Here
- Concise Geography by ALS-Click Here
Best Book for IAS Indian Economy:
- Indian Economic Development NCERT
- Introduction to Macroeconomics NCERT
- Introduction to Microeconomics NCERT
- Economic survey
- Indian Budget
- India yearbook
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Niti Aayog Reports
Best book for IAS Indian Polity:
- Constitution of India Bare Act
- Constitution of India by DD Basu
- Indian polity by Laxmikant
- Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
Best book for IAS Environment and Ecology:
- Environmental Studies Books of IGNOU and NOS
- Environment Book by DS Khullar
- Environment Book – Shankar IAS Academy
Best book for IAS Science and Technology:
- Science and technology by Ashok Singh
- Science and Technology by Ravi Agrahari
- Newspaper columns dedicated to technology
Best Book for IAS Current Affairs:
- Newspapers -The Hindu, Indian Express
- Press Information Bureau (PIB) website
- Monthly magazine
- Yojana and Kurukshetra monthly magazines
These are the Best book for IAS Exam 2020 for the preparation. The syllabus of the UPSC Examination is vast hard to cover entirely within time. You must start your syllabus with the easiest ones like Current affairs, and once you used to with the books and newspaper, then move to histories like Ancient History, Medieval History, and Modern History, etc.
Best Book for IAS Mains Examination:
Here is the list of some books that are suggested by the experts for the preparation of the UPSC CSE Mains Examination.
|Name of the Books||Name of Author|
|Selected Contemporary Essays||Saumitra Mohan|
|Essays for Civil Services||Pulkit Khare|
|India After Gandhi||Ramchandra Guha|
|Norman Lowe OR History of Modern World||Jain and Mathur|
|Social Problem In India||Ram Ahuja|
|IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2||Arihant Manual|
|Current Issues – What’s Hot Today||Clear IAS ebook|
|Governance in India for CSE||(Governance – GS2)|
|Pax Indica||Shashi Tharoor|
|India and the World||Surendra Kumar.|
|IAS Mains General Studies – GS3||Arihant Manual|
|IAS Mains General Studies – Ethics||Arihant Manual|
|Challenges to Internal Security of India||Internal Security|
These books can give you better prepare for the examination but it’s all up to you that how well you prepare for the examination.
Most of the candidates join the coaching Institutes to start the preparation. You can have your complete preparation done at home. You just need a proper idea about the syllabus and its preparation. There are many online sources where you can get the whole idea about how to prepare etc. Have the best study materials and prepare accordingly. Prepare a better schedule and study for at least 8 to 10 hours every day. There is no way to become an IAS officer without Hard work. Prepare each subject and make proper short notes while studying so that you can revise your syllabus. The selection entirely depends on your hard work, and there is no substitute for hard work.