The NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination is conducted for the selection of the candidates to the Indian Armed forces as an officer. Here in this article, I am going to share with you the complete information about the Medical Standard for NDA Examination. To get complete information about this, check the complete article below to get all the details about the Medical Eligibility for NDA Exam that is required in every candidate to get selected in the service. The Medical Exams are very strict in the Armed forces, here is the complete medical requirement for the NDA Exam.
Medical Standard for NDA Examination:
In order to get selected in the Indian Armed forces like Indian Army, Indian Airforce and Indian Navy through the NDA. A candidate will have to clear the Selection Phases of the NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination. One will need to clear the NDA written Examination which is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and who would pass this they will appear for the SSB Interview and then Medical Examination etc. In an easy way the selection would be like:
- Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Exam
The preparation for the NDA written Examination can be done in many ways. There are many coaching Institutes available for the preparation of this. Join the best Institute and get a better education for the written Examination.
SSB Interview can be the toughest part of the selection, one will need to appear for the five days long Interview and each day you will be tested in a different manner. There are also many Institutes available for the preparation of this. One can also prepare through the books also if he/she has enough knowledge about the Interview Procedure.
Medical Examination: The Medical Examination is also tough. A minor mistake can cause permanent rejection. Here are the complete details I have given about the Medical Standard in NDA Exam that is required to have to appear for this.
Medical Eligibility for NDA Exam:
In the Medical Examination, Complete body will be checked under the guidance of the Military Doctors at the Military hospitals. At the Initial, your Body eligibility will be checked and the examiner will check your External body from bottom to top, will also ask about the marks on your body, if you are having so.
- The height of the candidate should not be less than 157 cum.
- You should have Standard body weight as per your height.
- Your body should not carry any genetic disease like gynecomastia, joint knees, colour blindness or night blindness.
- Your chest should be well developed with 5cm minimum expansion.
- Your elbow should not be turned in outer direction for more than 15 degrees.
- Your joint and your bones should be completly fine.
- Any severe body fracture in any body part can cause permanent rejection.
Eyesight required for NDA Exam:
- Your eyesight must be 6/6 without glasses.
- If you are wearing glasses it should not be bad than 6/12.
- Limits for myopia 0.75D and for Hypermetropia +1.5D
- Binocular vision III
- Limits for colour perception I
- Should not have colour blindness or night blindness.
- For the flying branch your eyesight must be 6/6 there is no relaxation for that.
- Eye correction surgery is not allowed in the NDA Exam but there are some criteria and it is allowed for the other entries of Defence.
Dental checkup for NDA Exam:
This is very normal tests only a few get rejection in this if you have full-grown set teeth, Then you are fine. Usually, nobody gets reject in this test and if you have broken teeth, you just the proper answer for this, that it.
Once you clear this all the tests, you will appear for the Internal Body checks and in this, These following tests will be held:
- Chest X-ray for your lungs.
- Ultrasound for kidney stone.
- The liver problem will be checked
- Blood test
- Urine test
There are some more tests also that are not listed. If you have any problem with your medical Examinations. You will get a temporary rejection from the Medical Board and the board will give you some time to correct that.
If you have any serious problems that cannot be correct, you may get a permanent rejection from the board. Once you get a permanent rejection from the board, there is no way to get back. You can apply for the re-medical to the Medical Board and this is the last option. If you have a dream of joining Indian Armed forces. try to be fit and healthy. A minor mistake can ruin your career as well as your dreams. Eat healthily and exercise daily.
This is all about the Medical Standard for NDA Examination or Medical Eligibility for NDA Exam. If you like this article and find useful then share it with your friends. also, feel free to comment in the below section. if you guys want to appreciate my afford please share my post with your friends by which they can also avail of my services. For any Private add and other inquiry mails us at [email protected]