The NDA Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice in a year. All the candidates who want to become an officer in the Indian Army, Indian Navy or Indian Airforce, etc. they can apply for the National Defence Academy. Here in this article, I am going to share with you the complete details about the NDA Examination, and you will get to know the NDA Eligibility Criteria and the entire process to join NDA. To get all the information related to the NDA entry and its examination, Check the entire article below. I have shared all the information about this.
NDA Syllabus, Mathematics, and General Ability Test
NDA Syllabus in Hindi, NDA full Syllabus
NDA Eligibility Criteria, how to join NDA:
To join the Indian Armed forces after class 12th, The NDA is the best entry. It is the most excellent opportunity to get selected as an Officer right after the 12th. Here we will see the complete details about the National Defence Academy and what is the required eligibility and how one can get selected in the academy etc. Let’s start with How to join NDA:
How to Join NDA:
The process to join the National Defence Academy (NDA)is that One will have to clear the selection phase of NDA which is consists of:
- Written Examination conducted by UPSC ( www.upsc.nic.in )
- SSB Interview
- Medical Tests etc.
All the candidates who want to get selected in the Academy, they will have to clear this. To apply for the NDA Written Examination, one must have the required eligibility criteria. Here are the details regarding this.
Eligibility Criteria for NDA:
There is nothing much in the eligibility criteria. All the candidates who have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 10+2 level are eligible to apply for this.
Medical Standard for NDA Examination
- Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply for this.
- All the candidates who have done class 12th with PCM are eligible to apply for this.
- There is required marks criteria in this.
- The Age of the candidates to apply for this must be between the 16.5 years old to 19 years old.
- The age must not be less than 16.5 years at a time of applying and it should not be more than 19 years old at a time of commencement of training.
There is no relaxation that has been given to any particular caste, Religion or Community in the NDA Eligibility Criteria or Educational Qualification, etc. There is some relaxation that has been given to candidates in the height but that is only for the candidates who belong to any special region like Hilly Area etc.
Physical Eligibility for NDA:
To apply for any defence vacancy, you will surely need to have fit and at least Average Body posture to apply for that. Here is some requirement in NDA that is mandatory to apply for this:
- The height of the candidate should not be less than 157cm. There are some relaxation has been given to the candidates who belong to the hilly areas and any special region. You can check the official notification regarding the relaxation in height for NDA.
- The Minimum Chest Expansion should be 5cm, It should be at least 80cm without expansion and 85 after expansion.
- The Body of the candidate should not carry any genetic Disease like gynecomastia, joint knees, color blindness or night blindness, etc.
- The Joints and bones must be completely fine.
- A candidate must not be overweight, The weight must as per the height or BMI.
- Your eyesight must be 6/6 without glasses.
- If you are wearing glasses it should not be bad than 6/12.
- Limits for myopia 0.75D and for Hypermetropia +1.5D
- Binocular vision III
- Limits for color perception I
SSB Interview Procedure for NDA, Check the Complete Details
NDA Eligibility Criteria of Medical:-
A candidate must be medically and physically fit to join the Service. The Medical examinations in the Defence Entries are rigorous and checked very strictly. A minor mistake can be a reason for rejection. All the candidates who would clear the written exam of NDA will only be able to appear for the SSB Interview and then medical Examination. The shortlisting of the candidates for the SSB Interview is done through the Written Exam, and the SSB Interview is the main phase of selection.
The SSB Interview is the toughest part of the NDA selection. This Interview is five Days long, and each you will face new tests, tasks, and challenges, etc. Once you clear this, you will proceed for the Medical examination.
There is some relaxation in the Medical examination. You are not fit to join the service, or you have any minor problem, and that can be corrected within time. You may get a temporary rejection from the medical Board. In this temporary rejection, you will be given some time to fix that problem, and after some days, you will reappear for the medical exam.
And if your problem is not correctable and that can cause difficulty while training or performing the duty. You will be declared rejected, and this is called Permanent Rejection. In this case, you have the chance to apply for the re-medical examination to the medical Board on the same day. If Board approves, you can appear for the Re-Medical.
How to be a Pilot in Indian Airforce
If you want to be a warrior, you must take care of your body. You can check the complete NDA Eligibility Criteria of Physical and Medical. I have given details about the entire process to join NDA. Follow those. If any minor problem occurs, Have proper treatment for this as soon as possible.