NDA Syllabus, Mathematics, and General Ability Test
The NDA (National Defence Academy) conducts the examination for the selection of the candidates to be an officer in the Indian Armed forces. To join the academy, one will have to clear the selection Phase of this. Here in this article, I am going to share with you the complete information about the NDA Exam syllabus of Mathematics and General Ability Test, etc. There are no changes have been made in the Syllabus. It will be the same for NDA Syllabus 2020. To get complete details about the syllabus and the NDA Exam in detail. You must check the complete article below. I have shared all the details about this entry.
NDA Syllabus, Mathematics and General Ability Test:
All the candidate who has passed class 12th with the PCM and having age between the 16.5 years old to 19 years old are eligible to apply for the examination. In the selection phase of the NDA Examination, one will have to appear for the written exam which is conducted nu teh UPSC twice in a year and all the candidate who would pass this, they will appear for the SSB Interview and then Medical exam etc. To get details about the conducting body of the NDA Examination. You can check the official website of this www.upsc.nic.in
For the written examination of the NDA. A candidate will have to appear for the Mathematics and General Ability Test etc. There are many subjects Included in the GAT itself. Here are the complete details about the NDA Syllabus that one has to prepare for this.
For the mathematics of NDA Examination, You will Basically need to prepare the books of class 11th and class 12th NCERT etc. Here is some specific chapter that you need to prepare:
- Matrics and determinants
- Analytical Geometry of two of three-dimension
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equation
- Vector Algebra
It may not be possible to share with you the topics of these chapters because you have to prepare the complete chapter there is no specific topic in this. Now let’s see the complete syllabus of NDA GAT:
GAT (General Ability Test):
All the candidate may not be aware of this especially who are new to this. There are around 8 subjects that one has to prepare in the NDA GAT. It would the same for the NDA Syllabus 2020:
The syllabus of GAT (General Ability Test) is itself for 600 marks out of 900 marks of NDA written exam. Now let’s see the specific topics that you have to prepare in these subjects:
- Sentence Improvement
- Reading Comprehension
- One Word Substitution
- Spot the Error
- Cloze Test
- States of Matter and its properties
- Motion and Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Modes of Transfer of Heat and its effect
- Light Reflection and refraction
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses
- Human Eye
- Natural and Artificial Magnets
- Properties of a Magnet
- Earth as a Magnet
- Static and Current Electricity
- conductors and Non-conductors
- Ohm’s Law
- Simple Electrical Circuits
- Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current
- Measurement of Electrical Power
- Primary and Secondary Cells
- Use of X-Rays
- Physical and Chemical Changes
- Air and Water (properties)
- Chemical equations and Laws of Chemical Combination
- Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures
- Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Properties of Air and Water
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases, and salts
- Carbon— different forms. Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial.
- The material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches and Gun-Powder.
- Elementary ideas about the structure of
- Atom, Atomic Equivalent, and Molecular Weights,
- Valency etc.
- Basis of Life Cells
- Protoplasm’s and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Elementary knowledge of Human Body
- Important organs of the Human Body.
- Common Epidemics
- Food—Source of Energy for man.
- Constituents of food
- Balanced Diet
- The Solar System:
- Meteors and Comets
- Eclipses and
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists etc.
- Latest Current Affairs
- Indian Constitution
- Indian History
- Indian Economy
- Indian Geography
- Indian Politics
- Indian Navy & Military
- Books & Authors
- Sports, Awards, etc
For History, civics, and Geography. There is nothing to point out. You have to prepare the basics so the History, Civics, and geography up to the 10th level. There are many NDA oriented books are available in the market that can give you better prepare for these.
So, This is all about the syllabus Nothing has been changed in this. It is same for the NDA Syllabus 2020 The Question paper of NDA would be divided into two parts: Mathematics and General Knowledge and you will be given 2.5 hours to attend each paper. The complete paper would be objective type with the multiple-choice answer. For the mathematics paper, you will be given 2.5 marks for each correct answer and 0.33 marks will also be deducted for each wrong response. For the GAT Paper. You will be given 4 marks for each right answer and 0.33 marks will be deducted for each wrongs response.
There are many books available in the market that can give complete preparation for the examination. The syllabus of the NDA too much and very hard to cover the entire syllabus at a time. You must have a better study plan to cover the complete syllabus. I would suggest you start your preparation with the Online study Material and think of joining coaching institutes etc.