The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the Examination of Uttar Pradesh Combined state or upper subordinate exam. Here in this article, I am sharing with you the UPPCS Exam Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern, etc. To get complete details about this, check the complete article below. I have shared all the details about the selection process, eligibility criteria and age limit required to apply for this exam. Check the complete article to get complete detail about this.
UPPCS Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern:
All the candidates who have done graduation in Science, Commerce or any other streams. they are eligible to apply for this Uttar Pradesh Provisional Civil Service Examination. The age of the candidate must be between 21 years old to 40 years old. There is also some relaxation has been given to the special categories. The candidate who belongs to OBC (Other Backward Class), SC (Scheduled Caste) or ST (Scheduled Tribes) etc. they all will be given 5 years of relaxation in Age.
The Selection of the candidate in the service is done on the basis of the examination. A candidate will have to clear the three phases to selection which is- Written Exam paper 1 also called as preliminary Examination and Written Exam paper 2 which is also called Mains Exam and then Interview etc. It is mandatory to clear all the phases of selection. The Shortlisting of the candidates for the Mains Exams is done on the basis of the marks scored in Preliminary Exam. Here I will share with you the Syllabus of UPPCS Exam 2020 and Exam Pattern etc. Here you will get the complete syllabus of Preliminary Exam and mains exam etc.
Let’s see the exam pattern of the UPPSC 2020 (Uttar Pradesh Provisional Civil Service) Exam and after that, we will see the Syllabus.
Exam pattern of UPPCS 2020:
The Paper Pattern of the Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam is a bit different. So, here we will see the exam pattern of Exam individually:
Exam Pattern of Preliminary:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Paper Type|
|General Studies||150 Questions||Objective Types Questions|
|General Studies II (CSAT)||100 Questions||Objective Types Questions|
- The paper would be conducted in offline Mode (Pen-paper Mode).
- Total Time duration: You will get 2 hours for each paper.
- A candidate will be given 2 marks for each right answer.
- There is also negative marking: 0.33% marks which are around 0.66 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Exam Pattern of Mains Exam:
The Mains Paper would be conducted in the Descriptive type. A candidate will have to prepare a total of 8 subjects. The name of the subjects will be discussed in the Syllabus section.
- Maximum Marks: 1500
- All the question would be asked in descriptive type.
- Total Time Duration: 3 hours
- As per the new exam pattern of the UPPCS Exam, A candidate can select only one optional subject.
Now let’s see the complete syllabus of the Uttar Pradesh Provisional Civil Service Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam etc.
Syllabus of UPPCS Preliminary Exam:
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography.
- Physical Geography
- Social Geography
- Economic Geography of India as well as the world.
- Indian Polity
- Political System
- Panchayati Raj
- Public Policy
- Rights Issues
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development
- Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology
- Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- General Science
General Studies II (CSAT):
- Interpersonal skills (including communication skills)
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- General Mental Ability
- Elementary Mathematics (class X level – Algebra, Statistics, Geometry and Arithmetic)
- General English (class X level)
- General Hindi (class X level)
Syllabus of UPPCS Mains Paper:
A candidate will have to prepare a total of 8 subjects. Here are those subjects that you have to prepare for the UPPCS Mains Exam:
- General Hindi
- General Studies I
- General Studies II
- General Studies III
- General Studies IV
These are the complete syllabus of the Uttar Pradesh Provisional Civil Service Examination. Here I am sharing with you the PDF of the UPPCS. where you can get complete syllabus of the examination. where you can find all the details of this examination and complete syllabus of the UPPCS Mains Exam.
The preparation of the exam can be done through the books also but most of the people join the coaching institute for the preparation of this. if you are completely new to the field and do not have any idea about the preparation of the competitive exam. Join the Best Coaching Institute and train yourself well and learn the tips and trick of competitive exams.
This is all about the UPPCS Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern. If you like this article and find useful then share it with your friends. also, feel free to comment in the below section. if you guys want to appreciate my afford please share my post with your friends by which they can also avail of my services. For any Private add and other inquiry mails us at [email protected]