Indian Armed forces rule for Lasik Surgery: The Medical Exams of the Indian Armed forces are the toughest. All the candidate who wants to join the Armed forces in future, they will have to be fit and healthy in order to be the part of this. Here in this article, I am going to share with you the complete details about the Lasik Surgery and I will tell you here What is Lasik Surgery for eyes and is Lasik Surgery Allowed in the Indian Armed forces. To get complete about this, check the complete article below. I have given you all the information about this.
What is Lasik Surgery? Is Lasik Surgery Allowed in Armed Forces:
The Lasik Surgery is allowed in the Indian Armed forces but there are some criteria for that. Here you will get to know about the Lasik Surgery and what are conditions when Lasik Surgery is allowed.
What is Lasik Surgery:
LASIK is simply an eye treatment, commonly known as laser eye surgery or laser eye correction. It is a type of refractive surgery which is used to treat the patients suffering from MYOPIA, HYPEROPIA, FORESIGHTEDNESS And ASTIGMATISM. This surgery is done by the ophthalmologists who use a type of laser to give proper shape to cornea just to improve the visuality. It is the alternative solution of eyeglasses or spectacles. Lasik surgery is not meant for patients who have thin cornea or high myopia. In 2006 the National Institute for health and clinical excellence (NICE) collected evidence to prove the safety of Lasik surgery, NICE states that laser surgery for the correction of refractive errors is safe and beneficial. There are also some risk factors in Lasik Surgery like:
Risk Factors in Lasik Surgery:
- Change in contact lenses and glasses.
- Certain medication use or conditions.
- Certain eye conditions like infections etc.
- Many people reviewed this surgery as they suffered eye dryness, sensitivity to light and blurred vision after the surgery.
Now let’s see the details of the Armed force’s rules for the candidates who have done Lasik Surgery and having Healthy eyes after this.
Indian Armed forces rules for Lasik Surgery:
The tri-forces of the nation have their own rules and regulations to select the candidates who have done Lasik Surgery. Here are the rules of the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Airforce etc.
Indian Army rules for Lasik Surgery:
- Indian Army allows candidates with one LASIK surgery. Only if your surgery is done after the age of 20 years old. And after the surgery, your eyesight must be 6/6 without any glasses.
- You must have healthy retina after any eye correction surgery.
- But for the ARMY Aviation, uncorrected vision can be no worse than 20/40 (correctable to 20/20) in each eye.
- You are eligible to join any branch of INDIAN ARMY with 6/6 eyesight. Except for Army Aviation.
- But NDA does not allow candidates with LASIK surgery because the maximum age for Joining NDA is 19 years old.
Indian Navy Rules for Lasik Surgery:
- Indian Navy allows only one Laser eye correction.
- The Navy allows for both LASIK and PRK laser eye surgery, both for current pilots and NFOs and for pilot/NFO applicants.
- You can apply for the technical branches, onboard duty staffs etc.
- Indian Navy accepts a stricter of only -0.75D. but if you are having Color blindness or Night blindness individuals are disqualified.
- And for the fighter pilots of Indian Navy uncorrected vision can be no worse than 20/40 (correctable to 20/20) in each eye.
- But you can join as a transport pilot. if your vision is 6/6 after the glasses or without glasses.
Indian Airforce Rules for Lasik Surgery:
- Air Force also allows only one laser eye correction.
- In order to become a fighter pilot, you must have good vision so that you can see and act quickly. For that candidate’s vision can be no worse than 20/70.
- To enter Navigator Training, the candidate can have vision no worse than 20/200 in each eye.
- You can join the technical branches ground staffs officers with the glasses if your eyesight is 6/6 after the glasses.
These are the rules of the Indian Armed forces regarding Lasik Surgery. Always have your surgery done with the best surgeons. A minor mistake can cause a bigger problem. Here are the details about the Procedure of the Lasik Surgery.
The procedure of Lasik Surgery:
- The cornea is the outermost layer of our eye, it bends or refracts the incoming light which focuses the beam and helps you see clearly.
- Lasik surgery reshapes the cornea and smoothes out irregularities.
- First the surgeons numb the eye with drops.
- Then they use a laser to make a flap in the cornea.
- A computer-controlled laser shoots pulses of light into the eye
- Finally, the surgeon replaces the flap and our eye can begin to heal.
- You will probably experience blurry vision and light sensitivity for a few days after.
- It usually takes 2 to 3 months to completely heal your eyes.
The Indian Armed forces have a very strict rule for the medical Exams. A candidate must completely fit and fine, in order to join the service. Make sure that you are living a healthy lifestyle.
This is all about the What is Lasik Surgery? Is Lasik Surgery Allowed in Armed Forces? If you like this article and find useful then share it with your friends. also, feel free to comment in the below section. if you guys want to appreciate my afford please share my post with your friends by which they can also avail of my services. For any Private add and other inquiry mails us at [email protected]