If you are a student of law or preparing for civil services then you should know What is Section 375 IPC. We will also provide all the relevant matters to this topic and also provide other topics related to this topic like – Section 375 of IPC, Section 375 law, What is Section 375 of IPC, All about Section 375, Section 375 IPC Exception. knowledge related to this topic is very very important, crucial and beneficial. 375 of IPC for UPSC.
If you are a woman then you should know about you rights which the government has provided you or if a father, brother, friend, or any other person then also you should know about it in order to save the women or minor girl child around you. in this content you will get the whole knowledge about this topic: What is Section 375 of IPC for UPSC Prospective.
Also, Read: ncert based general science 3500 questions
What is Section 375 of IPC for UPSC Prospective?
First of all, before we enlightened on this topic What is Section 375 of IPC for UPSC Prospective we have to first understand some commonly used terms in this content like – IPC. the full form of IPC is the Indian Penal Code. The Indian Penal Code is the official criminal code of India. Under the Indian Penal Code ( IPC ) you will find several sections, several chapters and several laws made for the criminal offence cases. It was enacted by the Imperial Legislative Council on the 6th of October 1860. IPC was Commenced on 1st January 1862. It is a comprehensive code intended to cover all substantive aspects of criminal law.
The Father of IPC – Thomas Babington Macaulay is known as the Father of IPC
IPC is a part of the Indian Constitution. Every law or act Which is under the enclave or region India directly or indirectly is a part of the Indian Constitution. Otherwise, it would not count as Legal and People will say it is Illegal.
Also, Read: upsc cds I & ii previous years question papers
Section 375 of IPC –
In Indian Penal code, there are many chapters, There is one Section known as Section 375 of IPC in Chapter 26 which deals with the offences affecting the Human Body. Chapter 26 is all about Section 375 of IPC.
Section 375 of IPC is given below as follow –
375 RAPE -Actually it defines the Rape as a criminal offense. A man is said to commit ” rape” if he
- Penetrates his penis, to any extent, into vagina, mouth, urethra or anus of a woman or makes her do so with him or any other person.
- Inserts., To any extent any object or a part of the body, not being the penis, into the vagina, the urethra or anus of a woman or makes her do so with him or any other person,
- Manipulates any part of the body of a woman so as to cause penetration into the vagina, urethra, anus of a woman or makes her do so with him or any other person,
- Applies his mouth to the vagina, anus, urethra of a woman or makes her do so with him or any other person.
- If a girl is minor means if a girl of below 16 years of age and a man tries to outrageous a girl’s modesty without her consent or against her will or he tries to sexual intercourse with a girl then also the man is said to commit rape.
Now for all these conditions, there are some circumstances under which these acts can be called “rape”.
Circumstances for “rape”-
There are seven circumstances in Section 375 of IPC in which above mentioned acts will be termed as “rape” and they are-
- against her will.
- Without her consent
- with her consent, when her consent has been obtained by putting her in any person whom is interested in fear of death or of hurt.
- with her consent, when the man knows that he is not husband and that her consent is given because she believes that he is another man to whom she is or believes herself to be lawfully married.
- With her consent, when at the time of giving such consent, by reason of unsoundness of mind or intoxication or the administration by him personally or through another of any stupefying or unwholesome substance, she is unable to understand the nature and consequences of that to which she has given consent.
- with or without her consent, when she is under sixteen.
- When she is unable to communicate consent.
These are the seven circumstances in Section 375 of IPC.
Section 375 law-
Laws are made for various reasons, functions, and purposes for our society. Generally, laws are made to protect the citizens of the territory. Laws can be made on the national level, state levels or local levels. Laws ensure our safety and security and give rights to us which the government made for every single citizen of the territory. There are various types of laws that we have in our Legislative System Some of them are mentioned below-
- Criminal laws
- Civil laws
- Common laws
- Statutory laws
- Constitutional laws
- Administrative laws
- International laws.
For Section 375 of IPC, Criminal laws come into regards. Section 375 law defines a criminal offense. As mentioned above in any one of those activities is done by a man it will term as “rape”. But there are some exceptions which are made under IPC which we have discussed below on this content.
Section 375 Of IPC Exceptions-
Exceptions are made so that any non-guilty person does not get any punishment so there are also exceptions that are made related to Section 374 of IPC. Section 375 of IPC Exceptions are given as follow-
- A medical procedure or intervention shall not constitute rape.
- Sexual intercourse or sexual acts by a man or you can say husband with his own wife, the wife not being under fifteen years of age or the wife is not minor, it will not be termed as rape.
All About This Law-
As mentioned above laws are made for the protection and welfare of human society. Likewise, section 375 of IPC in chapter 26 is made for women. This section is made for women so that they can be safe. This law is also made so that Nothing goes wrong with women. And if goes then the guilt persons can get their punishment according to the laws made by the government. People should be aware of these sections and laws which under made the government or the judiciary system.
Many girls or women in any part of the country don’t have enough knowledge about what is right or what is wrong. So sex education must be given to all the parts of the country. A man should also aware of the facts that what they are doing is right or wrong.
In the above content, we had enlightened about many facts related to the above topic What is Section 375 of IPC for UPSC Prospective. I hope it will help for the preparation of Civil services and for General Knowledge.
You May Also Like This
- IB Security Assistant Salary, Job Profile, and Promotions
- HSSC Haryana SSC Previous Year Question Papers and Important Books
- Army MNS Cadets Salary Job Profile and Promotions
- UPPSC Computer Operator Salary Promotions and Job Profile
- Bihar Police Constable Syllabus Exam Pattern and Selection Process
- NDA 1 Answer Key 2020 (Maths and GAT) Pdf Download
Friends, if you need an eBook related to any topic. Or if you want any information about any exam, please comment on it. Share this post with your friends on social media. To get daily information about our post please like my facebook page. You can also join our facebook group.